While I may not be where I see myself in my head, I have been cross-fitting for 11 years and will do it for the rest of my life. Life throws you ebbs and flows, just keep swimming! And god dammit, I will get back into my shorts, just give me time…Keep moving, make healthy choices and turn to exercise and diet to change your life. The community of CF is so awesome, we will meet you where you are and cheer you on as you do the best you can TODAY, tomorrow and the rest of your life.
Some days I wake up and feel like eating pie for breakfast. Anyone else ever feel that way?! Although I believe in indulging my sweet tooth now and again for breakfast, I’ve found a delicious compromise that’s only 150 calories per serving! These pumpkin pie parfaits really hit the spot! Making them a perfect substitute for a healthier holiday dessert or for breakfast when you find yourself with a real hankering for pie! ?
Bring a little bit of southern flare to your morning with some scratch-made sweet potato biscuits! ?Your family and friends will love that little hint of sweetness when they bite into their biscuit. Oh and as an added bonus, your kitchen will smell AHHH-MAZING as these babies are baking.
I can’t tell you how many times I’ve heard someone tell me that they don’t eat carbs but then I’ll see them happily munch their way through an açaí bowl. People who don’t track their food don’t know any better but if you do track your macros, you’ll know just how calorically dense these bowls can be! What you probably thought of as being super healthy and good for you, you’ve now discovered is often super high in sugar and can easily set you back 100 grams carbs or more!
Hurrah it’s Sunday! A day of rest for most of us, either from work or from working out, Sundays provide that smug sense of satisfaction when getting into bed on a Saturday night knowing that you don’t have to set the alarm. But lie-ins and wod-free days aside, my favourite thing about Sundays is pancakes! And I suspect I’m not alone…
Just because you’re a vegetarian, it doesn’t mean that you have to resign yourself to quorn and tofu day in and day out in order to meet your protein needs. Legumes and grains can offer a decent serving of protein as well as providing lots of essential vitamins and minerals. These spicy little sweetcorn fritters are the perfect way to start your day or to enjoy on a bed of greens at lunch.
Superfood Waffles? I know what you’re thinking, it sounds too good to be true! And I was skeptical too, I mean they look and smell like waffles but surely superfood waffles can’t possibly taste good right? WRONG! Thanks to Kodiak Cakes this pre-prepared waffle & flapjack mix is not only packed full of goodness, it tastes super good too!
“Ahhh this porridge is just right!” is what you’ll be saying after you try this sweet & warming bowl of deliciousness! In true Goldilocks fashion it took a few tries to get this recipe perfect but luckily I didn’t have to worry about upsetting any bears in the process!
I don’t know about you guys but I love spinach! I love it in salads, smoothies, omelettes and now I even love it in pancakes! ? There’s something about unusually colored pancakes that make them even more appetizing to me. Like those red velvet pancakes I made a little while back. There’s just something about colorful pancakes that automatically produces a flavor explosion in my mouth ? Anyone know why that is?!
Alright so it’s not the most macro-friendly of breakfasts out there but darn it, it does taste good! Every once in a while I like to have a hearty and sumptuous brunch dish like this one and forget about hoarding my fat macros. I can live without peanut butter for one day! This meal is kinda like that 80/20 balance principle we’re always harping on about. Enjoy foods like this 20% of the time, and it’ll keep you coming back to your egg white omelets with veggies for the other 80%. So relax a little and enjoy some Irish comfort in the kitchen.